Tuesday, September 1, 2009

16" Mirror on the way!

I just got confirmation that my new (to me) 16" mirror is on the way. The mirror used to live in a Meade 16" dobsonian and I plan to build a scope just like my 12.5" for it. Not too many differences really between them, but I will be documenting the build on this site. It may take longer because I need to build funds to buy some of the more expensive items (like the truss system from Moonlight Focuser which is an excellent product).  The spider and secondary is included from the old scope and I have no doubts that it will be fine for my purposes.  I originally was going to go with a Moonlight focuser which is my "dream" focuser, but in an effort to keep the cost down, I will be going with the Kineoptics HC-2.

Stay tuned for details of the construction.

No comments: